First Month's Rent Assistance
Neighbor to Neighbor's First Month's Rent Assistance Program assists homeless and near homeless households in Larimer County, Colorado to attain affordable, sustainable housing. N2N may be able to assist with up to $500 toward your first month's rent.
Documentation N2N requires to provide assistance includes:
- U.S. Government issued ID
- Verification that you are about to lose your housing or are currently homeless.
- One month's worth of most recent paystubs, or your most recent income verification statement.
NET (take-home) household income must be at least two times your monthly rent.
- An UNSIGNED lease for your new rental. Lease must be a minimum of 6 months.
Please note that a N2N Housing Counselor needs to assess the application, all required supporting documentation, and conduct a counseling session before determination of approval. N2N does not assist with security deposits, pet deposits, or application fees. Please know that the counselor may request further documentation at time of intake.
Once all documentation has been submitted and reviewed by a N2N Housing Counselor, the client will attend a one-on-one housing counseling session with one of our HUD-Certified housing counselors.
The counseling session focuses on renters’ rights & responsibilities, understanding the terms of a lease,
local resources, and financial coaching.
Fort Collins First Month's Rent Assistance is offered by N2N at the Murphy Center for Hope at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm & 12:30pm-3:30pm
Loveland First Month's Rent Assistance is offered by N2N at the House of Neighborly Services at the following times:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00am-11:30am & 1:00-3:30pm
Click here for printable version of hours and qualifications.