Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
Since 2008, Neighbor to Neighbor has successfully prevented foreclosure for over 1200 Larimer County households. Our foreclosure prevention counselors will work with you to become knowledgeable and confident in making choices to avoid foreclosure by:
- Providing education on the Colorado foreclosure process
- Developing a realistic household budget
- Providing the tools to work effectively with your mortgage company
- Explaining the options available with your mortgage company
- Referring to appropriate resources
- Collaborating with you to create a strategic plan for either curing mortgage default or transitioning to other housing
The sooner clients seek counseling, the more options they may have to prevent foreclosure. Homeowners who have had changes in income or adjusting mortgage payments are encouraged to meet with one of Neighbor to Neighbor's Foreclosure Prevention Counselors before they have missed a payment, or as soon as possible thereafter.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please contact our counselor at 970.488.2382.
Neighbor to Neighbor is proud to be a network member of the Colorado Foreclosure Hotline.