From Hauling Rock to Rocking Out: Neighborworks Week June 4-11, 2022
Each June, N2N participates in Neighborworks Week of service and celebration to show when we work together, we empower and strengthen our communities.
Neighbor to Neighbor “Rock Our Block” Party
On June 8, Coachlight Plaza was transformed into a rocking street festival as residents, staff and community supporters gathered for a Neighbor to Neighbor “Rock Our Block” party. In addition to tasty treats and live entertainment, there were plenty of fun activities, prizes and giveaways for all ages. “It’s heartwarming and inspiring to witness community support in action,” shared N2N’s Community Operations Director Christy Hayes, “and what better way to show we care for our neighbors than by joining together for some fun and festivities.”
N2N would like to acknowledge and thank the following community supporters for making this a successful event!
- Young Men’s Service League volunteers for helping set up, break down, and support residents
- N2N Resident Committee members Julie and Dereck for assisting with set up and break down
- Poudre Fire Authority for bringing an engine and giving away hats and tours
- Lucid Blues for their live performance and N2N staff member Nathaniel for making the arrangements
- The Book Mobile for bringing activities and books
- N2N Youth Enrichment Committee for arranging face painting, balloon making, and rocket designing
- Fat Tomato and Kona Ice for bringing their food trucks to our party
- And special thanks to Larimer County Commissioner Kefalas for joining our festivities!
Neighbors Serving Neighbors: Community Projects
In addition to the resident block party this year, two volunteer groups pitched in with service projects to maintain and beautify our N2N communities. Hub Real Estate volunteers gave their Saturday to paint an apartment complex hallway and a garage, and Windermere Real Estate volunteers worked up a sweat on Friday by building and installing raised garden boxes for a new garden area for residents.
We are grateful to both groups for their contributions and we appreciate them for bringing their joy, laughter and service to our communities!