Since 2008, Neighbor to Neighbor has successfully prevented foreclosure for over 1200 Larimer County households. Our foreclosure prevention counselor will work with you to become knowledgeable and confident in making choices to avoid foreclosure by:
- Providing education on the Colorado foreclosure process
- Developing a realistic household spending plan
- Providing the tools to work effectively with your mortgage servicer
- Explaining the options available to avoid foreclosure
- Refer you to appropriate resources
- Collaborate with you to create a strategic plan for either curing your mortgage default or transitioning to other housing
Neighbor to Neighbor is proud to be a network member of the Colorado Foreclosure Hotline.
Federal Halt on Foreclosures
There is currently a federal halt on Foreclosures for any mortgage loans that are insured by HUD. If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and do not qualify for a forbearance with your mortgage servicer, you can apply for financial assistance through DOLA. You can get information about qualifications here by expanding the “Tenants and Homeowners” section.” Current wait processing times are 2 – 4 weeks after your application is submitted. You need to use Google Chrome to complete the DOLA application.