Neighbor to Neighbor has a wide variety of opportunities for community members to get involved! Each year, volunteers provide over 5,000 hours of support and the value of that time is more than $100,000 annually. There are opportunities available to youth, adults, groups, interns, and court-referred volunteers.
Admin and Reception
- Answer and direct calls
- Drop off and pick up rent assistance applications
- Work with counselors to provide client follow up calls
- Other duties as assigned, including filing, data entry, mailing, etc.
Landscaping and Maintenance
- Plant removal and replacement
- Trimming bushes
- Basic carpentry and maintenance
- Send birthday cards to N2N residents
- Help fill client wish list items
- Deliver donations to residents
- Create welcome baskets for families moving into homes
Events and Fund Development
- Event planning
- Solicit sponsors, auction donors, and assist with publicity
- Host a virtual Rent Party to prevent homelessness
- Attend Rent Parties as N2N representative
Volunteers under 16 are welcome to volunteer with the supervision of a parent or guardian.