If an unexpected or ongoing hardship has left you behind on rent, Neighbor to Neighbor may be able to assist you.
Due to changes in our funding, a pre-screening survey is now required. Please ensure you meet all of the following initial requirements for emergency rent assistance and have all necessary documentation before completing the survey:
- Household must be within Larimer County
- Renter must provide documentation of demand for compliance, eviction notification or court date
- Household must earn less than 60% of the Area Median Income (see AMI Chart below)
- Renter must provide third-party documentation verifying need for assistance is unforeseen and outside of the renter’s control
If you have already received a written court summons, or have already appeared in court with your landlord, please call our nearest office based on your location and give a brief explanation of your situation:
Fort Collins: 970-484-7498 (Mon-Thurs 9 am-4 pm, Fri 9 am-12 pm)
Loveland: 970-663-4163 (Mon-Thurs 9 am-4 pm)
Please keep in mind:
- If you do not meet all of the initial requirements for emergency rent assistance at this time, we encourage you to review our Community Resources Packet and our Community Resources Page for additional resources, including legal resources and referrals, that may be helpful at this time. (Paquete de recursos comunitarios).
- This survey is for assistance with an existing lease. If you are seeking assistance with a new rental, visit our Move-In Assistance page.
- If you cannot complete the survey or have a question, please call our Rent Assistance Line at (970) 829-0296, select option 3, and leave a message with your contact information and a brief explanation of your situation. Someone will return your call, typically within five business days.
- Neighbor to Neighbor is committed to providing full access to our housing stability services and to creating safe spaces where our neighbors are free to be their full, authentic selves. For further information, please see our Non-Discrimination Policy and Grievance Policy.