We believe stable housing is the foundation for our community’s health and success.
If you are behind or struggling to keep up with your housing payments due to the financial impacts of Covid-19, Neighbor to Neighbor is here to help. Before beginning your online application, please read below for program qualifications.
Covid-19 Mortgage and Homeowner Assistance
Before proceeding, please be aware of the following:
It is important to only apply once, as duplicate applications may complicate the process. If you were previously assisted by N2N and need additional assistance, please do not complete another application. Instead, you may call (970) 821-8802 and leave a voicemail stating that you would like to reapply. A client coordinator will get back to you with next steps.
Colorado Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (EMAP)
EMAP provides financial assistance for income-eligible homeowners who have experienced financial hardship associated with the COVID-19 health crisis. Neighbor to Neighbor is a participating agency in this statewide program and is assisting with the processing of EMAP applications.
According to the Colorado Department of Local Affairs, qualifying homeowners may be eligible for assistance with:
- Mortgage assistance
- Mortgage reinstatement assistance
- Homeowner association fees or liens
- Condominium association fees
- Homeowner’s utilities (including electric, gas, internet service, home energy, and water)
- Payment assistance for delinquent property taxes
- Homeowner’s insurance payment assistance
- Lot rent for owner-occupied mobile homes
- Pay down or payoff mobile home financing (aka chattel loans) to allow for the transfer of title and/or the refinance to reasonable market rates
To qualify, households must meet all of the following criteria:
- Attest that they experienced a financial hardship after January 21, 2020 associated with the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provide income documentation and have household incomes equal to or less than 150% of the Area Median Income for the county in which they reside (see AMI chart below)
- Currently own and occupy a primary residence in Colorado
- Have a loan under the conforming loan limits (non-jumbo loan) at time of origination or most recent refinance (loan limits vary by region).
- Original loan was not a Jumbo Loan at the time of purchase or most recent refinance
- Must be able to supply all documentation necessary for us to approve assistance.