Residents outside of Larimer County
If you live outside of Larimer County and need to apply for utility assistance, please click here to find the appropriate application. Please note, the link to apply says ‘rent assistance,’ but the application covers rent, utility, and in some cases mortgage assistance. Make sure you click on the application link for more information on each county.
These applications will not be handled by Neighbor to Neighbor. If you have questions while filling it out, please contact the appropriate agency in your county.
Applying for Covid-19 Related Utility Assistance
If you already have a pending application for rent assistance, you do not need to complete a separate one for utility assistance.
To qualify for assistance, you must:
- Have utility services set up through Fort Collins Utilities, Loveland Water and Power, Town of Wellington, Town of Estes Park, Poudre Valley REA, Xcel Energy, or Boxelder Sanitation
- Be unable to pay your utility bill due to impacts from COVID-19
- Make 80% or less of Area Median Income (AMI) (see AMI table below)
We will prioritize the following applications:
- Individuals making below 50% AMI (see AMI table below)
- Households with one or more members who have been unemployed for the last 90 days
- If you have a shut off notice, complete the online utility assistance application, then call our Hotline at (970)829-0296 and leave a message. You can email the shut off notice to [email protected]
Recommended browsers for application process: Edge, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox
If you have questions or need further assistance, call (970)829-0296.
2022 Area Medium Income (AMI) Table
|Number of People/Household||Median (100%)||80% AMI||50% AMI||30% AMI