Due to changes in our funding, a pre-screening survey is now required. Please ensure you meet all of the following initial requirements for emergency rent assistance and have all necessary documentation before completing the survey.
Initial eligibility requirements for emergency rent assistance:
- Household must be within Larimer County
- Renter must provide documentation of demand for compliance, eviction notification or court date
- Household must earn less than 60% of the Area Median Income (see AMI Chart below)
- Renter household must have an income of 1.5 times the monthly base rent. (ex. For a monthly base rent of $1,000, the household monthly income must meet or exceed $1,500)
- If your household has received rental assistance in the last 12 months, N2N will not be able to assist again until that 12-month period has passed. The household may still be eligible for utility assistance if it has not received it in the last 12 months.
- Renter must provide third-party documentation verifying need for assistance is unforeseen and outside of the renter’s control
Please keep in mind:
- If you do not meet all of the initial requirements for emergency rent assistance at this time, we encourage you to review our Community Resources Packet and our Community Resources Page for additional resources, including legal resources and referrals, that may be helpful at this time. (Paquete de recursos comunitarios).
- This survey is for assistance with an existing lease.
- If you cannot complete the survey or have a question, please call our Rent Assistance Line at (970) 829-0296, select option 3, and leave a message with your contact information and a brief explanation of your situation. Someone will return your call, typically within five business days.
- Neighbor to Neighbor is committed to providing full access to our housing stability services and to creating safe spaces where our neighbors are free to be their full, authentic selves. For further information, please see our Non-Discrimination Policy and Grievance Policy.
We encourage you to have the following items available for submission. Please be aware these items do not necessarily represent all qualifying documentation.
- Photo ID
- Notice from landlord, including but not limited to a Demand for Compliance
- Current lease agreement
- One month’s worth most recent pay stubs, or your most recent income verification statement
“Neighbor to Neighbor abre puertas y avanza vidas desde falta de vivienda hasta ser dueño de hogar, proveyendo viviendas sostenibles, servicios de apoyo, y educación para familias é individuos en el condado de Larimer. Envisionamos comunidades en cuales todos tienen oportunidades y acceso a un hogar porque el hogar es la fundacion para el éxito.”